Calix Society

A Priest in St. Paul, Minnesota founded Calix International in the 1940's. Alcoholics in his parish met after Saturday morning Mass to discuss the readings for the upcoming Sunday and how their faith melded with the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. The name "Calix" (Latin for chalice) and the motto "Going from the cup that inebriates to the Cup that sanctifies" were adopted. Mosignor Keenan chaired the first meeting of the Lincoln Chapter of Calix International in 1980. Chapters have been established in McCook and Hastings as well. Members meet monthly and attend yearly diocesan events including a spring day of recollection and a fall retreat.

The Diocese of Lincoln | Chancery Office: PO Box 80328, Lincoln NE 68501-0328 | 402-488-0921 | Email Site Map | Clergy Resources

Site by Solutio