Women Religious

Benedictine Sisters

Major Superior: Sister Jennifer Kehrwald, OSB
Sacred Heart Monastery
1005 West 8th Street
Yankton, SD 57075

Diocesan Locations:
(serving Madonna, North American Martyrs School, St. Michael Parish, Lincoln)
Benedictine Sisters Emmanuel Convent
5441 Glade Street
Lincoln, NE 68506


In 1957, Mother Jerome Schmidt, prioress of the Benedictine Sisters of the Sacred Heart Monastery in Yankton, South Dakota, announced the foundation of the Mother of God Daughterhouse in Pierre, South Dakota. The first members of this new foundation moved to Pierre in 1961. The community moved to Watertown, South Dakota, in 1967. In 2001, the Sisters celebrated their fortieth anniversary as an independent monastery.

Major Superior: Sister Christine Ereiser, OSB
St. Joseph Monastery
2200 S. Lewis
Tulsa, OK 74114

Diocesan Location:
(serving Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary)
Sister Stephen Larson, OSB
PO Box 147 `   
Denton, NE 68339

Benedictine Sisters of Saint Joseph Monastery

In 1879, Benedictine Sisters from Pennsylvania founded the Community of Saint Joseph Monastery in Creston, Iowa. In 1889, the Sisters began teaching in Guthrie, Oklahoma Territory. In 1892, the Motherhouse was moved to Guthrie. In 1955, the Motherhouse was re-established in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Major Superior: Sister Ann Shepherd, OSB
801 South 8th Street
Atchison, KS 66002

Diocesan Location:
(Sister Mary Ellen Auffert, OSB)
St. Andrew Convent
176 N. 6th Street, PO Box 386
Tecumseh, NE 68450

Benedictine Sisters of Mount Scholastica OSB

The Diocese of Lincoln | Chancery Office: PO Box 80328, Lincoln NE 68501-0328 | 402-488-0921 | Email Site Map | Clergy Resources

Site by Solutio