Apostolate to Spanish-speaking, Religious Education
Plattsmouth / Nebraska City
1503 4th Corso
Nebraska City, NE 68410-2628
In 1873, Father Refugio Morales established the Daughters of the Heart of Mary, Franciscans in Mexico. Soon, they ventured to California. Many years later, Sister Ana Maria Solis, O.S.F., detached herself from the Community in order to regain the Franciscan Spirit of Father Morales. Her tiny new Community served at a school in Wisconsin. After nine years, they encountered problems. In 2000, Bishop Bruskewitz graciously granted them permission to reside in the Lincoln Diocese. They are involved in catechetical work and Hispanic ministry in the Nebraska City area. Their charism is to obey the Lord's command and to spread the Gospel message.
Taken from The History of The Diocese of Lincoln 1987-2002 - Vol. II
Sisters in the Register: