Religious

Marian Sisters of the Diocese of Lincoln

Major Superior: Mother Ann Marie Zierke, M.S.
Marycrest Motherhouse
6765 N 112 Street
Waverly, NE 68462
phone: 402-786-2750
fax: 402-786-7256
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.mariansisters.org

Lincoln Locations:
Diocesan Chancery and Archives
Diocesan Education Technology Office
North American Martyrs School
Pius X High School
St. Gianna Women's Homes
St. Patrick School
St. John School

Other Locations:
Villa Marie School
Sister Paula Watts
7205 N 112th St
Waverly, NE 68462

Wahoo: Parish, Prison, and Schools
Bishop Neumann Schools
St. John Neopomucene School
St Wenceslaus Convent
211 E 1st St
Wahoo, NE 68066

Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau, Missouri
(Immaculate Conception Elementary School, Springfield Catholic High School)

1334 E Grand St
Springfield MO 65804

Sister Marta Silna and Sister Theresa Gottvald, the foundresses of the Marian Sisters, were members of the Mercy Sisters of St. Francis in Czechoslovakia. In 1950, they escaped Communist rule in Czechoslovakia. Bishop Kucera invited them to serve at St. Thomas Orphanage. In 1954, the Marian Sisters were established as the first Lincoln diocesan religious community. In 1963, Marycrest Motherhouse was built. The Community received Papal approval in 1983. The Sisters followed the Franciscan Rule and their own Constitutions. Their charism is to "Do God's Will joyfully in imitation of Mary and Saint Francis." The Marian Sisters teach in Catholic schools in Lincoln, David City, and Wahoo. Sisters also serve at St. Gianna Women's Homes, Villa Marie, and the Diocesan Chancery.

Taken from The History of The Diocese of Lincoln 1987-2002 - Vol. II


Marian Sisters in the Register:

Marian Sisters elect a new General Council, March 2018

Marian Sisters celebrate 60 years of serving God

Marian Sisters celebrate rededication of Marycrest chapel (photos here)

Marycrest Chapel at Marian Sisters Motherhouse in Waverly: theological tour

Marian Sisters’ History: St. Thomas Orphanage to Marycrest Motherhouse

The Diocese of Lincoln | Chancery Office: 3400 Sheridan Blvd, Lincoln NE 68506-6125 | 402-488-0921 | Email Clergy Resources | Bookkeepers

Site by Solutio