Religious

Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George

Major Superior:Mother M. Margaretha Maria Brand, FSGM (Germany)

Provincial Superior: Sister M. Maximilia, FSGM
St. Francis Convent
1 Franciscan Way, PO Box 9020
Alton, IL 62002

Diocesan Apostolates:

Bonacum House
Mailing Address:
Sister Andrea Goeckner, FSGM
St. Joseph Convent
3301 Sheridan Blvd
Lincoln NE 68506
402-483-0391

Hastings Catholic Schools
Mailing Address:
Sister Christa Marie Halligan, FSGM
St. Sixtus Convent
615 N Colorado
Hastings NE 68901-4460

In 1869, Mother M. Anselma founded the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr Saint George in Germany. The charism entrusted to their Community is to make the merciful love of Christ visible in their service. In 1923, their provincial house was established in Illinois. Several local convents have been established throughout the United States, including those in Lincoln and Hastings, Nebraska. In 1987, Sisters began working at Bonacum House and continue serving there. In 1992, the Sisters left Pius X High School in Lincoln and moved to Hastings, where they currently teach.

Taken from The History of The Diocese of Lincoln 1987-2002 - Vol. II


Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr Saint George in the Register:

Women religious serve diocese in Hastings, Lincoln

The Diocese of Lincoln | Chancery Office: 3400 Sheridan Blvd, Lincoln NE 68506-6125 | 402-488-0921 | Email Site Map | Clergy Resources | Bookkeepers

Site by Solutio