Computer Science Educator: Kindergarten - 8th grade
The Saint Michael Catholic School family is a Christ-centered community dedicated to the development of the spiritual formation, academic excellence, and stewardship within the framework of the Gospel and the Tradition of the Catholic Church.
St. Michael Catholic School is seeking a highly qualified, innovative, and enthusiastic person to serve as our computer science educator, and serve as the Technology Liaison between the school and the Diocesan Technology Office. Technology is embedded in our daily instruction, and this teacher will further advance the mission of the school as a leader in the technological age. The teacher will promote students’ understanding of digital citizenship and ensure they become digitally literate, while addressing appropriate intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual development.
The ideal candidate will do the following:
· Maintain high professional standards consistent with the mission of St. Michael
· Exercise effective leadership skills with small and large groups of students
· Teach keyboarding skills
· Incorporate creativity through problem-based learning
· Utilize effective classroom management techniques
· Implement STEM activities using Wonder Robots Dot, Dash, and Cue
· Assess and document student progress
· Work collaboratively with classroom teachers to create highly engaging technology lessons to support learning objectives
· Troubleshoot common technology problems in the school building
Minimum requirements are the following:
· Teaching degree with emphasis in Instructional Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
· Valid teaching license for Nebraska.
· Candidates must be willing to serve as the Technology Liaison between the school and the Diocesan Technology Office. This includes troubleshooting hardware and software issues.