The purposes of this organization include:
- to provide an association for Catholics in the legal profession
- to assist them to integrate the teachings of the Good News of Jesus Christ and their Catholic faith in their professional life
- to assist the members of the organization to grow spiritually
- to provide a forum for addressing ethical and spiritual questions related to the legal profession in a practical way
Membership in the Guild is open to practical Catholics in the legal profession.
Associate membership is open to others who may be interested.
There is currently no fixed cost associated with membership; although members make contributions for the costs associated with events sponsored by the Guild, these are voluntary for those who wish to participate.
Among its activities, the Catholic Lawyers Guild sponsors an annual "Red Mass" which takes its name from the red vestments worn for this Mass invoking the help of the Holy Spirit for those in the Courts, those in the legal profession, and all those involved in the process of making, interpreting or enforcing the law.
The Catholic Lawyers' Guild of the Diocese of Lincoln is an affiliate of the nationwide Catholic Bar Association
You're invited to be a member of the Catholic Bar Association.
Why Join the CBA? Just a few of the many opportunities include...
- A nationwide organization for Catholics in the legal profession
- Updates on relevant ethical and spiritual issues
- Professional development, initiative support, evangelization outreach
- Special pricing and CLEs at the annual Conference (see below)
Find out more about the Catholic Bar Association at catholicbar.org.