Major Superior: Sr. Mariamma Kunnackal, ASC
via Beata Maria DeMattias 10
00183 Rome, Italy
Provincial Superior: Sister Barbara Hudock, ASC
4233 Sulphur Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63109
(serving David City schools)
960 N 6th St
David City, NE 68632
In 1875, the Adorers of the Blood of Christ from Italy established a house in Ruma, Illinois. In 1902, another house was established in Wichita, Kansas. The Sisters from both Wichita and Ruma served the Catholic School in Rulo, Nebraska. In 1921, Sisters began teaching in David City, Nebraska. From 1939 to 1988, the Community staffed St. Joseph Villa in David City, which they continue to sponsor. Sisters from the Adorers of the Blood of Christ also taught summer CCD in the Lincoln Diocese from 1939-1991. Currently, they serve at St. Mary Grade School in David City.
Taken from The History of The Diocese of Lincoln 1987-2002 - Vol. II
The Adorers of the Blood of Christ are a congregation of religious women established by Maria De Mattias to be a reconciling presence to the poor in our midst. We wish to minister Christ's presence in our world while we grow in our own relationship to God through prayer and community living. In the suffering, dying and rising of Jesus, we find a foundation for a variety of ministries. Adorers are found throughout the world responding to the needs for healthcare, education and community service. More than 300 Adorers live and minister in the United States.