SEWARD (SNR) - During the nuncio’s visit, the Bishop Bruskewitz Chair was established at St. Gregory the Great Seminary in Seward.
The chair promotes the New Evangelization throughout the Diocese of Lincoln through teaching and supporting ministry in schools and parishes. It seeks to foster the growth of Catholic culture, which Pope St. John Paul II cited as a priority for the New Evangelization. The chair serves as a resource and stimulus for schools, parishes, and ministries in envisioning their work in light of the New Evangelization.
Particular tasks of the chair include:
• Teaching one to two classes a semester at St. Gregory the Great Seminary or the Newman Institute
• Assisting in the formation of Catholic school teachers
• Providing workshops, training, and resources for catechesis and evangelization
• Leading retreats for families
• Organizing events and lectures to promote the New Evangelization
• Supporting the evangelization and cultural efforts of Newman Institute