Diocesan News

Diocesan council presents donations

LINCOLN (SNR) – Terri Sullivan, president of the Lincoln Diocesan Council of Catholic Women (LDCCW) recently presented checks to the Diocese of Lincoln for the “president’s project.”

The LDCCW, under the direction of the diocesan bishop, provides for the spiritual and physical needs of others through prayer and action. The Council was founded in 1932 by Bishop Louis B. Kucera in an effort to unite all Catholic women in the diocese. Each president and the bishop choose specific projects to help fund during each two-year term.

Teresa Koch, LDCCW treasurer, presented a check in the amount of $6,030 to Jeff Schinstock, diocesan director of youth ministry, for Totus Tuus, the summer catechetical program which Sullivan chose as her project.

Bishop Conley, for the same time period, chose the enhancement of sacred music and liturgy through the organ project for the John XXIII Diocesan Center and funds to support the annual Diocesan Sacred Music Clinic which will be held Aug. 25.

Contributions were requested from the diocesan parishes and deaneries for these projects, as well as the Burse Fund (assisting in the education of priests in the diocese). Koch presented checks to Bishop Conley in the amount of $11,110.00 for his sacred music project, and $14,072.74 for the Burse Fund.

Donations totaling $1,157.00 were given to Catholic Social Services, St. Gianna Women’s Homes and renovations at Bonacum House for retired priests from the raffle at the LDCCW’s spring convention. Monies received in the silent auction totaled $689.00 and will be used to help fund the LDCCW’s “Parent Educator Project.”

Southern Nebraska Register:

Ver noticias y columnas en español  
Southern Nebraska Register | 3700 Sheridan Blvd Suite 10, Lincoln NE 68506-6100 | 402-488-0090 | Email Clergy Resources

 

Site by Solutio